Sponsorships and Donations
DICK’S Sporting Goods Proudly Provides Sponsorships and Donations to Sports Teams, Leagues and Athletes in the Communities We Serve
At DICK’S Sporting Goods, we believe sports change lives. Sports increase confidence and motivate kids to stay in the classroom and aim for higher education. Sports help build character and teach life lessons that extend well beyond the playing field. DICK’S Sporting Goods proudly supports leagues, teams, athletes and outdoor enthusiasts.
We review all new sponsorship and donation requests on a monthly basis. We will typically make a decision on the request within 60 days of the submission.
Sponsorship requests for youth sports organizations will be considered based on multiple factors and will require a written agreement between DICK’S Sporting Goods and the youth sports organization.
Donations may also be considered in support of a specific event or individual youth sports team. Donations may include coupons and/or in-store gift certificates at our discretion.
Sponsorship Eligibility Requirements:
- The request must be for a youth sports league or organization.
- The request must be for a community in which we have a DICK’S Sporting Goods store presence.
- The request cannot be for a religious or political organization, an individual, a scholarship, or a political campaign or candidate.
- The request must be under $25,000.
- The request must be directly related to one or more of the following sports: Archery, Boxing, Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheerleading, Cricket, Cross-Country, Curling, Cycling, Dance Team, Distance Running, Diving, Equestrian, Fencing, Field Hockey, Fishing, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Hockey, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Martial Arts/Kung Fu, Mixed Martial Arts, Mountain Biking, Mountain Climbing, Netball, Pickleball, Polo, Racquet Sports, Rowing, Rugby, Sailing, Skating, Skiing/Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, T-Ball, Table Tennis, Tennis, Track and Field, Triathlon, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo, Weight Lifting, Wrestling.
- Employees of DICK’S Sporting Goods and their family members cannot submit applications.
- An organization/team must agree to comply to the DICK’S Sporting Goods anti-discrimination policy, which states that discrimination is prohibited based on race, color, creed, ancestry, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
What do I need prior to beginning my sponsorship application?
- Basic personal and team/league information.
- EIN number and any documentation for the nonprofit or school affiliated with the application.
- Specifics concerning the funding request.
- Budget for equipment requests: have a list of items needed.
- A vendor quote for requested services (such as transportation, lodging, facility rentals).
- Registration form with the applicable fees (pay to play, sports camps, tournament fees).
Completing a submission and meeting the eligibility requirements does not guarantee a sponsorship or donation. DICK’S Sporting Goods has the right, but not the obligation, to approve each sponsorship or donation request.