Returns & Exchanges
How do I return my online purchase?
You can return your online purchase to any DICK'S Sporting Goods location nationwide with proof of purchase, such as pack slip or order confirmation email, and the credit card used to purchase.
You can also make your online return through the mail. We offer free returns on apparel and footwear. Original shipping charges are not refunded. See below for Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store instructions.
Print a Return Label
Enter your order details to download a printable return label.
To mail in your return:
- Repackage items in original packaging (if possible), including all paperwork, parts and accessories.
- Remove all extra labels from previous shipping on the outside of the box.
- Complete the Return Reason Form on the packing slip and enclose in the box.
- Apply the return label to the outside of the box.
How do I return my in-store or Buy Online Pick Up In-Store purchase?
Items you purchased in store can be returned at any DICK’S Sporting Goods location. Just bring your original receipt or order confirmation email for in-store pickup, as well as the credit card credit card or gift card used to purchase.
If you no longer have your receipt, contact our Customer Service team by phone at 1-877-846-9997 or chat now to have a copy of your receipt sent to you, if available.
Returns without an original sales receipt will receive a store credit for the lowest selling price. You must also present a valid ID when returning the item. Information from the ID will be held in a companywide database of customer return activity.
At this time, in-store purchases cannot be returned by mail.
DICK'S Returns & Exchanges FAQs
What is DICK'S return policy?
DICK'S Sporting Goods, Golf Galaxy and Field & Stream offer a 60-day return policy on most products.
- Returns with an original sales receipt or pack slip will receive a refund based on the initial form of payment.
- Returns without an original sales receipt or pack slip must be returned using a valid ID and will receive a store credit for the lowest selling price. Information from the ID will be held in a companywide database of customer return activity. For items excluded from return, the manufacturer's contact information may be provided upon request.
- Returns with a gift receipt will be offered a gift card or even exchange.
- Returns where a ScoreCard Reward or coupon was redeemed will result in an adjusted refund amount.
- Items requiring repairs should be returned to the manufacturer or an authorized service center
- The following identification is accepted for returns: US or Canadian Driver's License, U.S. State ID, U.S. Military ID or U.S. Passport.
- DICK'S Sporting Goods, Golf Galaxy and Field & Stream reserve the right to limit returns or exchanges regardless of receipt.
We are committed to the accuracy of our scanner pricing system. If a customer is charged a higher price at point of sale for an item that is advertised by us, or displayed in store at a lower price, the lower price will be honored.
How do I exchange an item?
You can bring both online and in-store purchases to any DICK’S Sporting Goods store location to be exchanged, as long as the item is not an online-only product. We will honor the original purchase price with the exchange. To exchange an online item without visiting a store, simply return the original item by mail, and then contact our Customer Service team at 1-877-846-9997
. We can place a new order for you that honors the original purchase price.
When will I receive my refund?
- If you returned your item in store, it can take up to 14 business days for the refund to be processed to your original form of payment. If it’s been more than 14 days, you should first reach out to your financial institution regarding the credit. After speaking with your financial institution, if you still have questions, please contact our Customer Service department at 1-877-846-9997 or chat now.
- If you returned your item online, it usually takes 2—3 weeks from DICK’S Sporting Goods receiving your return for a credit to be issued. Refunds will be provided to the original form of payment for the purchase price of the item, including sales tax.
What if I don’t have my receipt or pack slip?
If you no longer have your receipt or online pack slip, contact our Customer Service team by phone at 1-877-846-9997 or chat now to have a copy of your receipt sent to you, if available.
Returns without an original sales receipt or pack slip will receive a store credit for the lowest selling price. You must also present a valid ID when returning the item. Information from the ID will be held in a company-wide database of customer return activity.
How can I track my return?
To track your return, use the tracking number provided on your return label and enter it on the shipping carrier site. If you don’t have your return number recorded, please call our Customer Service team at 1-877-846-9997
What if I already opened or used my item?
The following items cannot be returned if the package is opened or the factory seal is broken: baseball bats and electronic scooters and bikes.
Electronics must be returned in the original packaging and with all accompanying manuals, parts and accessories.
Pre-owned golf clubs and demo clubs may be exchanged in the same condition as they were sold within seven (7) days of purchase with original sales receipt. All exchanges are subject to approval.
Returned items should be unused, but we understand that sometimes our athletes need to try an item before realizing it’s not a good fit. As long as the item is clean and in good condition, your return may be accepted.
What if the item I want to return is damaged?
We will accept damaged item returns either online or in store within the 60-day return policy.
Are there any items that cannot be returned?
The following items cannot be returned:
- Hunting Bows
- Black Powder
- Items Requiring Gasoline or Fuel
- Used Bikes
- Special Order Items
- Autographed Collectibles & Memorabilia
- Gift Cards
If I used a gift card on my original order, how will I get my refund?
If you paid for your order with a gift card or egift card, the return will be refunded back to the original gift card or egift card you used. If you no longer have this gift card or egift card, please contact our Customer Service department at 1-877-846-9997
or chat now
. We’ll get a new gift card sent to you in the amount of your refund.
How can I return my oversized or overweight item delivered by freight carrier?
Oversized/overweight items require a little more coordination than a standard-sized item, but with a little help from our Customer Service department, we’ll get your oversized item picked up in no time. Simply call Customer Service at 1-877-846-9997
to arrange the carrier pick up of your item. Make sure to repackage items with all paperwork, parts and accessories and place the item at the front door for the driver. Please note that you may be responsible for the return shipping cost of your item.
What if I want to use my shipping carrier of choice?
If your preference is not to use a provided label, you can also simply address the package using the information below and pay for the return shipping with a mail service of your choice. To mail in your return:
- Repackage items in original packaging, including all paperwork, parts and accessories
- Remove all extra labels from previous shipping on the outside of the box
- Complete the Return Reason Form on the packing slip and enclose in the box
- Apply the return label to the outside of the box OR address the box to:
7601 Trade Port Drive
Louisville, KY 40258
- Send your package via the shipping service noted on your return label. If you are not using your provided return label, send it through the mail service of your choice*.
- Keep the tracking number provided when using the shipping service of your choice and track via their website.
* Return Shipping charges must be paid. DSG does not accept packages sent as Cash On Delivery (C.O.D.).