BATTING GLOVE BENEFITS
- Wearing batting gloves can help improve the grip on a bat and reduce the negative effects of perspiration on a player’s hands. By maintaining a tight and controlled grip, players can increase their results at the plate.
- Batting gloves also provide a level of protection during play. They can reduce the sting and vibration felt during a hit as well as limiting likelihood of developing blisters during the season. Some batting gloves even have integrated padding to shield your hands from errant pitches
- A pair of batting gloves can also be beneficial while running the bases as they can protect your hands from friction burns during a slide.
- Batting gloves can help shield your hands from high winds, rain and cold temperatures. In colder climates, bare hands + vibration and sting can result in very sore fingers and even fractures!
- Last but not least, batting gloves let you customize your style at the plate. At DICK'S, we offer a wide variety of colors and patterns to match your personal style or team uniform.
- For athletes who play Fall ball and in colder climates, some batting gloves are designed specifically to provide added hand warmth and thicker interior lining.
DICK'S PRO TIP: Some players choose to wear a batting glove under their catcher's or fielding mitt to act as an extra "sweat" barrier - maintaining the comfort and interior lining of your mitt over time.
Your batting gloves should be snug yet comfortable. Loose gloves can lead to slippage, while gloves that are too tight may impact mobility and grip.
To find the size that’s right for you, simply measure the length of your hand:
- Start at the base of your palm and go to the tip of the middle finger on your dominant hand
- Consult the size chart below (values provided in inches)
- For example, if your hand measures 6.75 inches , you would look either an extra small (XS) men’s batting glove or a large (L) youth batting glove
DICK'S PRO TIP: If you hold your hand out flat, but relaxed, you should only be able to pinch about a 1/4-inch of fabric on the palm. Pinch more fabric than that, the glove is too big. If you can't pinch anything, the glove is too small!
MEN'S BATTING GLOVE SIZE CHART
WOMEN'S BATTING GLOVE SIZE CHART
YOUTH BATTING GLOVE SIZE CHART
TEE BALL BATTING GLOVE SIZE CHART
Once you've determined your size, finding the right batting gloves will come down to your preference. Here are some additional features to consider before you step into the batter’s box